Who doesn’t enjoy a simple shepherd’s pie? I love how easy it is to throw this recipe together! Of course, I simplified as much as I could. Like most of my recipes, this one is easy to modify, depending on your tastes and ingredients in stock.
Brown the burger, add tomato sauce and vegetables, spread it in a skillet or baking dish. (about a 2-qt size)
Spread the mashed potatoes over the meat mix.
Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or till heated through, and cheese is melted.
Serve with a salad and some delicious rolls!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can tomato sauce (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Brown beef, drain.
- Mix in tomato sauce, seasonings, and vegetables.
- Spread in a 2 qt baking dish or 12-inch skillet.
- Spread mashed potatoes over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes or till heated through.