I cannot claim that I have tasted or tried every recipe for dinner rolls in the world – but of all the recipes in the world that I have tried – these are the best!
I make them when I cook for the branding crew, I take them to friends, I often just make them when I am in the mood for a delicious, mouthwatering roll! The softness, the buttery goodness… oh my.
The key here is to not over bake. I mean, they cannot be dark brown. If you are one of those people who love a crusty bread – these aren’t your type of roll. These are meant to be baked just till golden – leaving the inside ever so tender, and wonderfully soft.
- 3 cups warm milk
- 3 TBS yeast
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 eggs
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- 1 TBS salt
- 8-10 cups flour
- Mix warm milk, yeast, and sugar.
- Add eggs, butter, mashed potatoes, salt and mix.
- Add flour, one cup at a time and mix well. No need to knead, just mix well.
- Let it rise till doubled in volume.
- Divide into 3 parts, and divide each part into 12 rolls.
- Shape each portion into a ball - place on baking sheet.
- Let rise till nearly doubled.
- Bake at 350 till light, golden brown. Approx 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Serve and enjoy!