Breakfast quickly falls into a rut, for me. Toast, eggs, sausage… pancakes… biscuits and gravy…
Great food, of course, but once in a while I like to switch it up. So this week, I tried my hand at inventing some tasty little breakfast tarts! Now, ‘tarts’ may be a bit misleading, since they don’t have a crumbly, homemade crust. But I hope you forgive me when you realize how simple and tasty these are.
Take a package of wonton wrappers, place one in each muffin cup. I gave my muffin tin a light spray of cooking spray – to keep the cheese from sticking, and give it a bit of that fried texture.
They will look like they aren’t big enough – not coming up the sides very far – but they will be fine, no worries!
What are you serving for breakfast, these days? I’m always open to new ideas!
- ¼ lb sausage
- 4 eggs
- 1 TBLS milk
- 2 oz cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 TBLS butter or oil for frying
- Heat oven to 400*.
- Whisk eggs and milk together, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry eggs just till set.
- Fry sausage till no longer pink.
- Spray muffin tin lightly with cooking spray.
- Place wonton wrappers into each muffin cup.
- Fill wrappers with 1 tablespoon scrambled eggs, 1 tablespoon fried sausage, and 1 tablespoon (or small slice) cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 400* for 8-10 minutes.