I bought a family-sized package of chicken drumsticks on sale, and wanted to make them tasty and yet easy. Right now I have 3 kids I am homeschooling, a 3 year old, and an infant, so I don’t have much time to peruse cookbooks or experiment. I wanted a new fun flavor, though, so I came up with this simple marinade, and it was an instant hit!
I didn’t take time to let it marinade – it was close to lunch, so I just popped it in the oven right way. But marinating it a few hours would only improve the flavor, I’m thinkin. I baked them for most of the time in a normal oven, but the last 30 min or so, I turned on the convection roast feature in my oven, to get the skin crispy and brown. If you don’t have that feature – just turn on broiler for a few minutes – watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
- One family pack of drumsticks. Or a full 9X13 pan of preferred chicken pieces.
- 3 TBL soy sauce
- 3 TBL Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking pan. I used a 9X13 cake pan. Chicken shrinks when baked, so squish it in there tight!
- Mix sauces and spices together and pour over chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 2 hours.
- Optional: broil the last 10 minutes to brown the skin.