Venison BBQ Meatballs
Turn ground venison into these soft, delicious meatballs! Sweet & savory homemade BBQ sauce that is easy to prepare and delicious.
knife or food processor
- 1 lb ground venison deer, elk, antelope, or moose meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 sleeve ritz crackers, crushed finely about 1/2 cup - can substitute oatmeal or bread crumbs
- 1/2 onion about 1/3 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 1 TBL Worcestershire
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup can substitute tomato sauce
- BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 TBL worcestershire
- 1/2 onion, diced about 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350*.
Mix egg, crackers, onion, garlic, worcestershire, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup ketchup together in a mixing bowl.
Add ground meat, mixing gently with hands or spoon.
Form into 12 meatballs. Place into a greased casserole dish.
Place sauce ingredients into a blender and blend for 20 seconds. Spoon over meatballs.
Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Instead of the blender, you can dice onions for the sauce and then stir together the sauce ingredients.
To crush the crackers, place them in a ziploc bag and pound with meat mallet.