This cranberry chicken salad – served on a buttery croissant – makes a cool, delicious summer lunch.
Super easy to throw together, this can be served with crackers, or in a lettuce wrap, or tortilla wrap.
The cranberries give it some sweetness, while the onion and celery add some crunch.
You may add extra cayenne for a spicy kick, but my kids don’t like things too spicy, so I kept it very minimal.
How to make Cranberry Chicken Salad
Cook some chicken breast, or if you have some leftover, chop enough to make 3 cups.
In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients except croissant rolls.
Mix gently with a spoon, and pile on rolls. Serve with fresh fruit, vegetables, or other desired sides.
Can I prepare chicken salad ahead of time?
Yes, just don’t place the chicken salad on the bread until nearly time to eat.
Store prepared chicken salad in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days.
This salad is best made and served fresh, though!
Can I use mayonnaise instead of Miracle whip?
Yes, but Miracle whip is more flavorful than Mayo, so you may want to add extra spices and salt if using mayo.
Cranberry Chicken Salad
- 2 chicken breast or 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne optional
- 4 croissant rolls
- Cook chicken breast in water, or use pre-cooked chicken breast.
- Cool chicken breast, and chop into small bite-sized pieces.
- Place chicken, cranberries, miracle whip, onions, celery, and cayenne into a bowl and stir well.
- Place one cup salad onto a croissant roll, and serve. Repeat with remaining salad. Should make 4 sandwiches.
Leave a Reply