These easy donuts from biscuits are so yummy and quick! Perfect for a last minute coffee break for the crew, or just something sweet on a rainy day. These will be ready in 30 minutes, if you work fast. They will be finished in under an hour, for sure!
I don’t make them often, because I just don’t keep refrigerated biscuits on hand. But sometimes, I make them for a fun treat. They are alway popular, that’s for sure!
How to make easy donuts from biscuits
First, open those silly pop-tubes of biscuits. I really don’t like them, haha! But oh well. Crack them open, lay them out on the counter.
Next, find something small to cut out the donut holes. I use a dosing cup that comes with liquid medicines. We don’t use them for medicine, but I wash them and keep them for other uses. Or an actual donut hole cutter, like this one on Amazon. Use whatever you have.. a shot glass might work, too.
Then, place the donuts carefully into the hot oil. Don’t overcrowd the donuts, or they will stick together.
When the donuts are golden brown, use a fork to carefully flip over so the other side can brown. Don’t forget to fry the holes, too!
How to finish the donuts
After they are done frying, lift out of the oil and place on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain.
While still hot, dip each donut into the melted butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
Serve warm for best results!
Tips for easy donuts
- I found that the donuts fry better if the center hole is big enough. Make sure you find a cutter that makes a pretty large hole. Don’t forget the holes are delicious too — we like those!
- I like to use an electric frying pan for doughnuts, because you can simply set the temperature to the correct temp, and no worry about using a thermometer!
- If you dip the donuts into sugar while still piping hot, the sugar will stick better.
- If you don’t eat them all the first day, pop one into the microwave the second day to soften and heat up. This makes all the difference!
- Instead of sugar, you can also make a simple glaze for your donuts. Mix 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and several tablespoons milk, till it is a thin consistency.
Easy Donuts from biscuits
- 2 tubes refrigerated biscuits
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ TBL cinnamon
- 2 cups oil or crisco for frying
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow dish.
- Open biscuit tubes, place biscuits on flat surface. Cut holes in center of each biscuit.
- Heat oil to 350°. I like to use an electric frying pan with edges. You can also use a deep skillet on the stove, and a thermometer to get the temperature correct.
- Place donuts carefully into hot oil, avoiding splashes.
- Fry donuts for 1-2 minutes per side, or till golden brown.
- Place donuts onto paper towels to drain.
- Dip each donut into melted butter, then into sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Serve warm!