This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a small commission if you click on them.
Christmas is such a sweet, fun time with family, food, and gifts. Maybe you are the kind who shops for Christmas gifts in July, or maybe you wait till Dec 23. I am more of a procrastinator – but my dread of joining the shopping-crowds forces me to get it done before Christmas week! 😀 Here are some practical Christmas gifts for ranch moms.
Living on a ranch has its own challenges at gift-buying time. You may only get to town 1-2 times in December, and if you forget a gift… well, let’s just say Amazon is your new best friend! Especially for folks who hate shopping! My husband has bought gifts for me and used the Amazon gift wrap option, so the gift comes already wrapped and I just stick it under the tree.
I think men are hard to buy gifts for – but they claim we are difficult, too. 😉 So for all the men who don’t know what to buy their ladies; here is a list of gifts your wife will be happy to receive!
1. Instant-Pot. This is truly a one-pot wonder, and judging by the number of times it is mentioned online and word-of-mouth, it is hugely popular right now. Ranch wife or not – just about any woman would enjoy this gift. I was reading recently how great pressure cookers are for those of us living at high altitudes. I know many ranches are high altitude.
I think one day I would like to try an Insta -Pot. Edited: I was given one this year and I do like it a lot! My favorite things to make in it are dried beans, mashed potatoes, and stews. I am still learning! Click here to check it out.
2. Automatic chicken door opener. You guys, I’m not even kidding! I would totally love this gift. 😀 Maybe my kids would love it more than I would, since they are the ones who have the chore of shutting the door. I mean, all it takes is one night when you forget to shut that coop door, and bam! A varmint gets all your precious egg-layers! So yes. Your ranch wife will love you for this gift. Click here to get a door opener.
3. Muck Boots. The best invention for farm and ranch chores! Any ranch wife who lives where the winter gets cold – needs these boots. They are warm, easy to wear, comfy, and stylish to boot! (see what I did there?! 😉 ) I wear mine every single day from October to April, and sometimes more! If your ranch mom friend has a pair already – no worries! She will always use another pair. 😉 Click here to see all the pretty colors!
4. Leatherman Micra. This sweet little multi-tool is so practical! I guess by now you can see that I like practical gfts, right?! Haha! Well, I do! My husband gave me a little tool similar to this, and I packed it everywhere. I kept it in my purse, and used it all the time. With 4 kids, we were always opening a plastic package, cutting food in half, snipping things… we used it so often. Sadly, I forgot it was in my carry-on at an airport once, and had it confiscated. 🙁 Some of the great tools included are: scissors, knife, flat/Phillips screwdriver, bottle opener, nail cleaner, tweezers, nail file, and more. What great Christmas gifts these would make! The Leatherman brand is quality stuff, too. Check it out here!
5. Stormy Kromer hat. You should hear all the compliments I receive on my Stormy Kromer® Hat! Just about every time I go out, someone says: “I like your hat!” or “What a cute hat!” Well, I think it’s cute too, but more than that – it’s warm! Made right here in the USA; every hat you buy is helping American economy. They also have other great products, like jackets, coats, scarves, and handbags. I have their mittens and LOVE them! (so does the rest of my family – sometimes I have to fight for them!) I have a coupon code for Stormy Kromer – you can get 20% off your first order! So go ahead and stock up because this code is only good once. 😉 Go here to see my favorite hat, and use code RBA72Z42887Y17
6. Quality Knives. I wrote a blog post featuring these knives, recently. I have been loving them! I knew I needed some good quality knives, but I kept putting it off. I mean, I am the queen of thrift! But my husband has been good at helping me see how quality pays for itself over time. It’s true – when I buy a good quality product, I rarely regret it. And these knives have been a great example of that. I use them all the time, and love them! Go to Southern Kitchen and search for Cangshan TC Series knife set. They have many other cool products to choose from, as well.
7. Memory Foam Slippers. My sister recently gifted me some slippers very similar to these, and I wear them all the time. They are so cozy and warm! Like many ranch moms, I live in a place that gets cold. We have chilly mornings and cold drafts. I love tucking my toes into these soft slippers first thing in the morning. They also have a hard outer sole, so I can dash outside to start my vehicle or grab some firewood without changing to shoes. 😉 Yes, I am sort of lazy like that! They have soft, luxurious memory foam inner soles that are very comfy. You can check them out on Amazon.
Bonus Gift Idea: Call a local housecleaner and gift your ranch wife/friend a couple weeks of house cleaning service! Talk about a gift to remember! 😀7 Christmas gifts every ranch mom wants this year. Click To Tweet
What Christmas gifts would YOU love to get, this year? Comment and let us know! Personally, I would love an order of two dozen baby chicks. 😉