I don’t know about you, but chicken is one of my top comfort foods! Maybe because I ate a lot of it as a kid – and boy! was my mom ever a good cook! Growing up Amish will do that…
But this Balsamic Chicken Recipe is different than the chicken my mom made. This includes the rich flavors of balsamic vinegar and soy sauce to bring a tastiness to simple baked chicken legs.
I bought a family-sized package of chicken drumsticks on sale, and wanted to make them tasty and yet easy. Right now, I am homeschooling three kids,I have a 3 year old, and an infant! So,I don’t have much time to peruse cookbooks or experiment. I wanted a new fun flavor, though, so I came up with this simple marinade, and it was an instant hit!
I didn’t take time to let it marinade – it was close to lunch, so I just popped it in the oven right way. But marinating it a few hours would only improve the flavor, I’m thinkin’.
I baked them for most of the time in a normal oven, but the last 30 min or so, I turned on the convection roast feature in my oven, to get the skin crispy and brown. If you don’t have that feature – just turn on broiler for a few minutes – watching closely so it doesn’t burn.
We loved this balsamic chicken recipe – so easy and yummy. Let me know if you liked it!
- One family pack of drumsticks. Or a full 9X13 pan of preferred chicken pieces.
- 3 TBL soy sauce
- 3 TBL Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place chicken in a baking pan. I used a 9X13 cake pan. Chicken shrinks when baked, so squish it in there tight!
- Mix sauces and spices together and pour over chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 325 for 2 hours.
- Optional: broil the last 10 minutes to brown the skin.