BBQ beef pizza is so easy to make, and so good! I make it often, because there is something so comforting about this dish. It’s a good way to use ground beef, if you need a new idea.
We love pizza. In fact, we have a Saturday-night-pizza tradition in our family. The kids wouldn’t know how to act if we had anything other than pizza, on Saturday night!
I made pizza on a Friday night last week, and my son and husband both were puzzled: “Is it Saturday?” and: “I thought it was Friday!” Haha! Sorry for confusing you, my dears. And yes, we had pizza two nights in a row!
How to make BBQ beef pizza
First, mix the dough with a spoon or stand mixer. My KitchenAid makes quick work of this pizza dough! Let the dough rise till doubled, then pat it into a large pan. You can also use a round pizza stone.
Next, fry 1 pound of ground beef until browned (can also use elk, deer, antelope, etc). Mix with bbq sauce. (We like Sweet Baby Ray’s .)
Spread beef mixture on the prepared pizza crust. Top with shredded cheese.
Bake at 350º for 20 minutes, or till crust is golden brown.
BBQ Beef Pizza
- 1 cup water warm
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups flour bread flour is best
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Place water, yeast, sugar, salt, oil, and flour into a bowl and mix well. Let rise til doubled, or about an hour.
- Fry ground beef until brown. Add bbq sauce and stir.
- Pat out pizza dough onto a greased pan. Spread meat mixture on prepared crust. Spread shredded cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes, or until bottom of crust is golden brown.
This recipe was first published in 2014. Updated in 2020.