This dairy free banana bread recipe is easy and delicious! This recipe makes one loaf, and if you need more, just double it. It is a great way to use up those last few bananas that got a bit too soft — surely we aren’t the only ones who can’t seem to eat all the bananas before they go brown?
I baked this bread at high altitude, (7,400 ft) and it did sink a bit while baking. It should be fine at lower elevations, but let me know if you have trouble with it.
Pro tip: mash your banana with the electric mixer. Much faster and easier than with a fork, and you don’t make an extra dirty dish!
How to make dairy free banana bread
I put the bananas into a mixing bowl and mash with the electric mixer on low speed.
Then, I add the eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla, and beat well.
Next, add the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix well. Add nuts, and mix in briefly on low speed.
Spray a bread pan with cooking spray, and pour the banana bread batter into the pan. Sprinkle with a few more nuts, if desired.
Bake the banana bread at 350* for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove bread from oven and cool 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, run knife around the edge to loosen the loaf, and turn it out onto a wire rack. Cool completely, then wrap tightly or store in plastic bag.
The flavor will deepen and the bread will be even better on day 2 & 3. If it lasts that long! It doesn’t last very long around here! You can also freeze this bread; it will stay fresh several weeks in the freezer.
Dairy Free Banana Bread
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel bananas and place in mixing bowl. Mash with electric beaters.
- Add egg, oil, vanilla, and sugar to bananas, and beat well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder and mix.
- Add chopped nuts and stir. (nuts are optional)
- Spray bread pan with cooking spray and pour banana bread batter into pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Wrap tightly or use airticght plastic bag to store.