Here is a fun and tasty recipe to use up that leftover chicken! These little BBQ chicken cups are kid-sized and kid-approved.
They are fast and easy to put together, too. All it takes is a can of biscuits, shredded chicken, BBQ sauce, and cheese.
How to make easy BBQ chicken cups
Press the biscuits into a muffin tin, add some chicken, top with cheese, and bake! It could not be easier!
I use the jumbo biscuits, and split them in half. That way, the crust is thinner and there’s more room for filling.
You can use any type of shredded chicken; a de-boned rotisserie chicken works great!
What to serve with this dish
This is a quick, easy meal, so I like to keep everything simple and serve with some snap peas and baby carrots, or applesauce. Throw in some fruit cups or some fresh fruit and you’re golden.
Go ahead and use paper plates, too! This is a fun kids’ meal, so make it easy for yourself. Moms need a few fun, easy meals for those days when you have no time, or need a kid-friendly lunch that your toddler will actually eat!
Easy BBQ Chicken Cups
- 1 can jumbo biscuits refrigerated
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 1¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 2 muffin tins with cooking spray. (makes 20 muffin cups total)
- Stir together chicken and BBQ sauce
- Split each biscuit in half, and press each half of a biscuit into a muffin tin.
- Add a heaping TBL chicken mixture on each biscuit. Press chicken down flat.
- Carefully top each chicken cup with a TBL of cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until biscuits are starting to brown on the botom and the cheese is melted.