Orange mousse pie is so creamy and delicious – like a taste of Florida sunshine! Cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, milk, gelatin and bit of sugar all blended together and poured into a prepared crust — a super easy dessert for entertaining or just satisfying that sweet tooth!
Orange mousse pie recipe
This has to be one of the easiest pies I make. The most complicated part is soaking the gelatin, and even that is easy!
1. Put the gelatin into cold water to soak for 5 minutes.
2. Place hot milk into a blender. Add soaked gelatin. Pulse for 1 minute.
3. Add orange juice, cream cheese, and sugar. Pulse and blend for 3 minutes, or until very smooth.
4. Pour into prepared graham crusts and chill for several hours. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Tips for orange mousse
This recipe makes 2 pies. You can also pour it into a bowl to chill, instead of pie crusts, if you prefer. Just spoon it into serving dishes and eat! I do it this way often, if I don’t have crusts in the pantry.
You can use different juice concentrates, for different flavored pies! Try lemonade or grape for a fun flavor experience.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for later!
Orange Mousse Pie
- ¼ cup cold water
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 2 cups milk hot
- 1 can orange juice concentrate 12 oz
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup white sugar or honey
- 2 graham cracker crusts 9 inch
- Sprinkle the gelatin into the cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat milk to scalding hot.
- Place gelatin mixture into a blender. Add hot milk, and pulse for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese, orange juice concentrate, and sugar. Pulse and blend till smooth. (about 3-4 minutes.)
- Pour orange mousse into graham cracker crusts. Chill in refrigerator for several hours, till completely chilled and set.
Leave a Reply