This simple coleslaw dressing is made with only 3 ingredients, yet it is so flavorful that your friends will want the recipe!
Sweet and tangy, and deliciously creamy, this dressing recipe will give you the best summer coleslaw you’ve ever tasted! Whip up a bowl for your next BBQ or picnic, and watch it disappear.
How to make coleslaw dressing
First, mix the sugar and miracle whip together and let it set for 5 minutes so the sugar can begin to dissolve. I usually shred the cabbage during this time.
Tip: I cut my cabbage into chunks and pulse it in a food processor a few times to get it shredded perfectly. No messy grater here!
Next, stir in the vinegar, and taste to make sure the sweet/tangy balance is correct. This recipe is how I like it, but you can add more sugar if you like it sweeter, or more vinegar if you like it more tangy.
Finally, pour the coleslaw dressing over your shredded cabbage, and give it a good stir. You can sprinkle with a bit of paprika, if you like, for a pretty touch of color. But the paprika is completely optional.
How to store coleslaw dressing
This recipe makes enough dressing for one bowl of coleslaw, however, you can triple or quadruple the recipe, and keep the rest in the fridge for later use.
Store it in an airtight container or glass jar, and it will keep for several weeks in the fridge.
Other ways to use coleslaw dressing
- You can use it as a dressing for lettuce salad, it is delicious!
- Pour some over sliced tomatoes for a delicious side.
- Chop two large ripe tomatoes, two large cucumbers, 1/2 onion, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and stir together with this dressing.
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 TBSP white sugar
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- Mix the Miracle Whip and sugar together.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Pour over 6 cups of shredded cabbage. (about 1/2 head of cabbage)
- Mix well and garnish with paprika if desired.