If you are looking for a cookie that is not too sweet – consider these delightful little roll-ups. Made with a dollop of cottage cheese, they will satisfy your sweet tooth and give a you a nice shot of protein as well. I like to make these for parties because they are really pretty as well as tasty. They include the extra step of rolling them out, then cutting and rolling back up. But they are totally worth it in flavor! Dense and almost chewy – the cottage cheese gives them a delicious flavor and texture.
Cottage Cheese Roll-ups
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Country Crock Original Spread
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 TBLS milk
- 1 drop red food coloring optional
- Mix flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Cut in Country Crock Original Spread with pastry blender.
- Stir in cottage cheese gently with a spoon.
- Divide into two portions.
- Turn one portion onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 12 wedges, roll each wedge up - starting with wide end.
- Place roll-ups onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with second portion of dough.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or till edges are golden.
- Cool on rack. Drizzle with glaze.
- Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, butter, food coloring and vanilla in a bowl. Add milk as needed.