Instant Pot Venison Stew is a wonderful hearty meal for a chilly winter day. The pressure cooker makes the venison super tender. And I love the tasty chunks of vegetables swimming in rich broth, infused with flavorful herbs.
How to make Instant Pot Venison Stew
Set the Instant Pot to Sauté. When the pot is heated, add oil and the deer meat. Let it fry till browned, then stir and brown a bit more.
Sprinkle flour over the meat, and stir till pieces are coated.
Next, add beef broth (can also use Venison broth), vegetables, spices and herbs. Lock lid into place and set manual pressure to 30 minutes.
When the time is up, let the pressure come down naturally.
What meat to use for venison stew
I like to use a roast – cut into 1 inch cubes. You can really use almost any cut, because it will be tenderized in the instant pot. You can also use loin, or even neck roast.
Instant Pot Venison Stew
- 2 lbs venison stew meat
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups beef broth (or 38 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 onion diced
- 4 carrots peeled and cubed
- 6 cloves garlic diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary
- Set the instant pot to Sauté. Add oil and meat, brown meat for 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle flour over meat and stir.
- Add beef broth, spices, herbs, and vegetables. Lock the lid into place and set the manual pressure to 30 minutes.
- When time is up, let the pressure release naturally.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Venison Stew soon! Please leave a review and let me know how you liked it!