A simple, savory spinach mushroom salad that comes together quickly. Use pre-washed spinach and sliced mushroom for a fast prep time. Some bacon, onion, and a generous amount of garlic round out the flavor profile. Perfect summer side dish!
Make spinach mushroom salad
Measure the spinach by packing tightly into the measuring cup. Place spinach in a large mixing bowl. If you are using whole mushrooms, slice them very thinly. Slice onions very thin and add to bowl. Fry bacon, drain and cool. Chop and add bacon. Add shredded Parmesan cheese.
To prepare the dressing for the spinach salad
Place oil, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, salt & pepper in a small bowl and whisk together well. Continue whisking the dressing while you pour it over the salad. Then use a large spoon or salad tongs to gently toss the salad.
Tips for Spinach mushroom salad
- Use feta or gouda cheese instead of parmesan., for a different flavor.
- Use pre-sliced mushrooms and pre-cooked bacon, to save time.
- This salad is best eaten the same day, as the spinach will wilt the second day.
- Keto friendly and paleo friendly recipe!
Spinach Mushroom Salad
- 4 cups spinach packed
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 8 mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ yellow onion sliced thin
- Slice mushrooms very thin. Fry and crumble bacon. Slice onions very thin.
- Mix all vegetables and cheese together.
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and mustard together and pour over salad. Toss gently.
- Best if eaten the same day. Store leftovers in fridge.