This quick peanut butter cream pie recipe is so easy to make that you can whip it up often! I love cooking up filling from scratch, but this is a really quick substitute for when you just don’t have time to spend over the stove.
I used a regular pie crust for this quick peanut butter pie. But to keep it fast you can use a boughten, refrigerated crust or even a graham cracker crust. If you use a refrigerated crust; place it in the pan, trim it, then poke it with a fork so air bubbles don’t form underneath.
Here’s my pie crust recipe. This recipe makes 5 crusts. I like to wrap the extra dough in plastic and freeze for later.
Mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together with a fork. Spread the crumbs in the prepared, cooled crust. Reserve 1/4 cup of crumbs for garnish.
Mix the pudding according to directions on the box. Spoon over peanut butter crumbs.
Spoon the whipped cream over the pudding, then sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.
Chill and serve! This pie can be chilled for up to 24 hrs, but it will start getting soggy after that. I like to wait to assemble it until just an hour before eating. You can make all the elements and store them separately–chilled–until ready to assemble.
Quick Peanut Butter Cream Pie
- 1 prepared pie crust pastry or graham cracker
- 1 box vanilla pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Prepare crust and cool completely.
- Mix peanut butter and powdered sugar together with a fork till it's in small balls.
- Prepare pudding as directed on package.
- Spread peanut butter crumbs in pie crust, reserving 1/4 cup.
- Spoon pudding over the crumbs.
- Spread Cool Whip over pudding.
- Sprinkle with reserved peanut butter crumbs.
- Chill for an hour or serve immediately.
- Can be chilled up to 24 hrs.
If you like this recipe, be sure to pin it for later or share on Facebook! For more tips on baking pies, read this post.