Ranch cooking is usually centered around crowd-sized beef recipes. I have to double or triple most recipes, when I am feeding the cowboys. I decided to go searching for all the beef recipes for a crowd that I could find, and compile them in one place for us ranch wives. Hopefully this will help simplify your meal-planning, the next time you need to feed a bunch of cowboys.
Beef Recipes for a Crowd
- Here is a recipe from Dinner Then Dessert: Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Here is a large batch of sloppy joes from Shaken Together Life: Big Batch Sloppy Joes For a Crowd.
No serving size stated, but I would guess it makes 20-25 sandwiches.
- Here is a roast beef recipe from Mennonite Girls Can Cook: Roast Beef For a Crowd.
Serves 20-25 people.
- A fun appetizer from Host The Toast: French Onion Beef Sliders.
Makes 24 sliders.
- Easy beef recipe from Owl Haven: BBQ Beef Meatballs for a crowd.
- This looks wonderful for cold weather! From Thriving Home Blog: Crowd-Pleaser Mexican Soup.
- Here is a big chili recipe from Allrecipes: Boilermaker Tailgate Chili.
- This taco soup looks delicious!! from At Home With The Barkers: Easy Crowd-pleaser Taco Soup.
No serving size mentioned; I would guess around 8-10. Doubles easily.
- These beef sandwiches would be a hit, from Aunt Bee’s Recipes: Hot Roast Beef & Cheese.
- More delicious sandwiches from Spend With Pennies: Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Sandwiches.
- Here is a recipe for nachos! What a great, beefy, game-day snack! From Glitter and Spice: Loaded Beef Nachos
No servings listed, but it makes 2 large pans, so I would guess 10-12.
Large recipes using beef
Feeding a crowd with beef can be costly, so using recipes that don’t depend solely on the meat, can help lower that cost.
Here are some of my beef recipes that can be doubled for large crowds.
BBQ Beef pizza is a family favorite!
Beef pot roast is one I use for the ranch crew many times! I usually don’t add the vegetables, though. Instead, I make scalloped potatoes or similar.
And finally, you can find great side dish ideas for a crowd, to finish out that branding meal. Salads, breads, and vegetables all shine next to the beef!
I hope this helps you assemble your next large beef recipe for a crowd.
Diane Murray says
There are so many wonderful recipes in this collection! all displaying food looks delicious. I want to learn cooking skills especially these types of recipes. I never cook before these kinds of dishes. So I will have to try these, thanks for sharing this!
What a lovely collection you have here for ground beef recipes. Great selection of recipes and they all look like great weekday recipes
Alex Smith says
Great! I love red meat. I want taste all this recipe. No more wait for this recipe.
Amit Abhishek says
Love it Love it Love it! I love red meat. This looks like such a pretty and yummy dish! I’m totally into grilling this year, so this might just make my list! I would love to make these sometime. Thanks for sharing.